Euro Trip, Day 12 (June 29, 2013) - Sagrada Familia, Montserrat, Camp Nou Spain

by - 6:09 PM

Today's first stop is Sagrada Familia. This church is still on process. We had another woman guide who would tell us everything about the church. Again, I was given an audio device and I put attention only on the beginning. I was amused with the church that it has complicated construction and details. But when I went inside, it didn't really attract my attention I didn't know why. I only admired the colorful window glass. I love the outer look more.



I know this is piece of art, but it's not
too interesting for me


Our Father prayer in Spanish


New Testament is told by the statues on the
outer wall of the church. Amazing.


After that we were going to another holy city, Montserrat. It is famous for its Black Madonna. The history says that a group of people noticed shining lights from a cave. They approached it and found this Black Madonna statue, then they moved and placed in a church that was soon to be built. The church turns into a large one, where people visit this church to have their own experience with Black Madonna. I also wanted to touch the statue but the queue line was very long and our time was very limited so I didn't have the chance. I could only look from far away. We had lunch here. The food court was just going to open so I looked around first. I was already spotting fried calamaries that looked very appetizing. Even though it wasn't opened yet, we were told to stand by already cos the queue would be very long. Then it really happened.



My high school is Jesuit based so
I know this saint very well

The original Black Madonna is on the middle.
This is the furthest distance I could reach.


Black Madonna


Where are we going next? It's Camp Nou! When I arrived, it was hot again but I didn't really care. We were still at the front gate but there were LOTS of people already! Some people were wearing Barcelona accessories. I'm not a fan of football so I wasn't too excited when I walked in. Then everything changed when I went inside FC Barcelona Megastore. I stopped and looked around first. This store is huge, it's a two-story. All original Barcelona merchandise are there. Everybody seemed to be excited and happy shopping here. Suddenly I felt like one of them, the football fan, at that time only. My brother was more excited than me. I decided to explore this store by myself. I was happy to be here. Then I came to my brother who was waiting in line to pay, then it was our turn. Okay, we were approaching this cashier guy. He was looking SO FINE.  I didn't even have to meet the football players, the cashier guy is already cute! I kept looking at him while he was dealing with my brother's things. On the outside of the gate, there are stands of fake FC Barcelona merchandises. Some people still buy here.









Let's continue. We then walked around La Ramblas to shop. Honestly, I had a great time walking from stores to stores, H&M, Mango, Zara, etc until my feet sore. They were on sale!! I became very tired at the end. We went back to the hotel only to put our things. Some of us wanted to check out a mall near our hotel. You know what? All stores we found in La Ramblas were inside this mall!! Suck. We didn't have to walk until our feet sore cos each of the stores were all here side by side, and it's indoor! I was mad knowing the fact that the stores would close soon and it was our last night here. There were still many things to look at :(

You May Also Like

0 comments