Euro Trip, Day 15 (July 2, 2013) - Paris, France

by - 9:00 PM

In the morning, we mainly took pictures at Arc de Triomphe and a building I forgot what it's called.



Then I can have overall view of Paris at 56th floor of Montparnasse Tower. At this floor, we are surrounded by glass. I'm not too interested with rooftop views, I think I could enjoy it more at night.


My view from the tower

We were taken to a duty free shop. I didn't buy anything because after that we were going to Galleries Lafayette! There, my dad gave me some money and I went around alone *evil face*. We had meeting point at certain time. My cousin in Jakarta asked me to buy Longchamp bag, so I decided to find it first. Oh my, Longchamp was on sale and we had to wait in queue line to get in! Change of plan. I walked further inside and looked around upstairs. Even window-shopping already made me happy. There was still enough time so I went back to Longchamp and joined the line because I was actually curious. It wasn't that bad so I didn't have to wait long. It turned out that it wasn't the only line I needed to get through. Inside, I had to wait in another line to get the bag. The bag that my cousin wanted wasn't available so at the end I got one for myself! Haha. Then my dad and brother came, we needed more luggage so we bought two. They were also on sale, we were lucky!

It was time for dinner. We went to the restaurant by walking with our shopping bags including the new luggage, ugh. We were passing this street between two buildings that wasn't crowded at all so we could see anything clearly. I was strolling the luggage. My dad suddenly called me and said my bag is opened. I was wearing backpack that time. I was panicked because I was paranoid with pickpockets. I didn't want every single thing inside my bag stolen. I saw two girls behind me who were holding a big map that covered their face and suddenly they turned backwards. My dad said one of the girls touched my bag but he didn't see it clearly then he saw my bag opened. I believed they were just pretending to be tourists. Thank God my father saw that so I didn't lose anything. I became more careful and aware after that. The pickpockets got so many ways of stealing.

Then here comes dinner. For starter, I didn't expect that each of us would be given a plate of six escargot. Wow, LET'S EAT THIS! I was having escargot in France! From the picture you could see that they look very plain, but all the goodness is inside the shell. The good thing is some of us don't like escargot so they gave it to me. More and more plates came to me. Heaven! For the main course, I had beef steak which is well-cooked and well-seasoned, and a nice apple pie for dessert. I really enjoyed my dinner and it was one of the best dinner I had in this trip.



After having a very nice dinner, we were heading to the famous Eiffel Tower. On the way there, we spotted some popular tourist spots. Too bad we only could take picture from the bus. There's another story. Our bus stopped on the street waiting for the light and suddenly a car hit our bus from left side. We weren't too panicked but John, our driver looked very depressed by the accident. So we moved to the side. John, accompanied by my guide talked to the police and the car driver settling everything. It took quite a while because of language barrier. John is not French and he can't speak French either.
Louvre




Here we come to the famous Eiffel Tower! I could watch the beautiful light transformation from the tower. People said this is one of the romantic spots but I didn't feel anything special. Weird. It's different from Verona where I can still feel the romance. It was a bit windy and started to rain.


The journey hasn't ended yet. I really didn't expect we still had to go somewhere because I was already tired and sleepy and I believe the others were too. We had canal cruise tour. I couldn't believe that I actually enjoyed it. Now I can feel the romance. Paris at night is so beautiful. The light comes from everywhere, especially from the Eiffel Tower. There are lots of people chilling by the sides of the canal, couples and friends. I spot some, no, A LOT of couples kissing. I smiled, felt their love and happiness :). And as usual, I imagined myself being here with my future lover someday. There was even a party! I didn't expect that could happen on a side of canal. People sang and danced. I wanted to get off from the cruise and joined them. They were having so much fun! Then the cruise turned back. I know I was going to have same view again. The wind that blew was very cold so I went downstairs and sat inside. There were some brochures for tourists that were interesting to look at. I closed my eyes for a while and that's the end for today.



You May Also Like

0 comments